From April 2017 onward we are able to use On-premises Information Gateway for Azure Evaluation Companies. This implies you may join your Tabular Fashions hosted in Azure Evaluation Companies to your on-premises knowledge sources by means of On-premises Information Gateway. On this publish you discover ways to setup and configure the On-premises Information Gateway in addition to methods to configure Azure Evaluation Companies to hook up with the on-premises database(s) through the gateway.
- You could have an Azure subscription
- You have already got an up and working occasion of Azure Evaluation Companies (AAS)
- You already put in and configured the newest model of On-premises Information Gateway
- Your occasion of Azure Evaluation Companies, your occasion of Energy BI Service and your On-premises Information Gateway are all in the identical “Area” (Test Conditions part under for extra particulars)
- This publish covers the commonest situation which doesn’t contain Kerberos, Proxy Server, OKTA and many others…
Studying: In case you are not that conversant in On-premises Information Gateway then I encourage you to learn this and for extra in-depth learn this article. You might also watch this video from Adam Saxton discussing On-premises Information Gateway.
As said within the “Necessities” part, it is very important verify in case your situations of Azure Evaluation Companies, Energy BI Service and On-premises Information Gateway situated in the identical “Area”.
The explanations behind which are:
- Your On-premises Information Gateway MUST be put in in the identical Area as your Energy BI Service sits in. In any other case your Energy BI can not see the gateway, due to this fact, you’re unable to schedule computerized knowledge refresh in Energy BI Service
- To get the most effective efficiency and extra reliability, you need to create On-premises Information Gateway Useful resource in Azure aspect in the identical area as your Azure Evaluation Companies lives in
However, in some circumstances individuals created their Energy BI account a very long time in the past and maybe they didn’t set the correct area for his or her Energy BI Service to take a seat in. Now, they should create an occasion of Azure Evaluation Companies, however, on account of their organisation privateness and safety, they don’t need to (or maybe not allowed to) create the occasion of Azure Evaluation Companies within the area that their Energy BI tenant sits in. In order that they would favor to create the Azure Evaluation Companies in one other area. In that case, it is strongly recommended to put in a brand new occasion of On-premises Information Gateway in a separate server and alter the “Gateway Area” in the course of the set up.
To verify the “Area” of your situations observe the steps under:
Energy BI Service Area:
- Login to your Energy BI Service
- Click on the query mark on high proper aspect of the web page
- Click on “About Energy BI”